Saturday, February 28, 2009

Squashed

After my recent foray into the magical world of butternut squash soup, I've recently discovered the deliciousness of squash. You can make soup with them, grill them, fry them, or even turn them into Fries! That's not all, I'm going to start experimenting with stuffing them with various things. too good. If you haven't eaten squash in a while, go buy one, look up a recipe, and make it. I can guarantee you won't be disappointed. I think they're quite healthy too. lots of vitamin A, decent vitamin C, and way better than a cup of pasta. I much prefer getting my carbs from natural sources like squash and sweet potato instead of pasta/rice/bread like most other cyclists. I've mostly stuck with Butternut, or Acorn squash, but there are many varieties to try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment