Friday, August 27, 2010

Provincials Recap, Windham preview

Well, Provincials were a lot of fun. The course (which i helped build a section of...) was pretty cool. Some people didn't like it, but it was different. Quite a physical course, and pretty cool. had a terrible first 1.5 laps, and then got really going on lap 3, and then finished pretty strong. Overall came 7th, and clenched 2nd overall O-Cup. I was pretty happy with that. this means a #2 number plate for the 2011 season, which i'm already looking forward to.
It will be my first winter which I can dedicate to Training. Pretty psyched on that!

Right now, i'm in Windham, hunting some internet signal. Pretty scarce, but i'm hot on the trail, and its hooking up pretty well now. The course is quite fun. Lots of climbing (I have 195m per lap) and there will be 6 laps, which means just a tiny bit more total climbing than nationals. Should be epic :)
I'm hoping I don't get lapped, and can finish the season on a strong note. That being said, i'm already looking forward to 2011.
Oh, another kinda fun thing, peter G. and I had a "loaf-off". I'll be the first to admit that neither loaf was stellar, due to a severe lack of ingredients, but it was decided that I "took the cake". Pun intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment