Sunday, August 29, 2010

Windham WC was plagued with flats


Well, here it is, the morning after the Windham World Cup Finals. It was going pretty well for me, and coming into the 2nd lap, I was catching people continuously. I had moved up to about 70th when I came ripping through a pointy rock garden, and flatted my rear tire.

Ripped a big hole right in the top! So, I cam limping down the downhill, and to the tech zone, where I got some air. It took about 2 refills before my tire sealed back up, but I lost several minutes, and my race was pretty much over. A bit of a bummer, since I think I had a slight chance in finishing on the lead lap, and I definitely would have only finished 1 lap down. All my laps (except the one with the flat) were within the 80% rule, so, in theory, I could have not been pulled.
but, alas, this is MTB racing, and shit happens. Last race of the season. Now its time for some good rest. I'm feeling very tired.
going to MSA, to do some epic riding, and worlds watching. should be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment