Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spring bank Road (death) Race

The first selection race for the Canada Summer Games (CSG) occurred this Sunday. It was a day of too many. Too many Juniors. Too many Racers. Too many cement Blocks. Too many corners. Too many sketchy straights. Way to sketchy.

My sister drove me to London, from Oshawa, which was about 2.5 hours. Shout out to her for the drive.

On the second lap, there was a bad crash, and a two juniors went down. Hard. This was quite scary for me. The race was neutralized for several laps. Then we started racing again. The field was very strong, and nothing was getting away, despite many efforts. Anyways, the race finished in a sprint, and being that I can't sprint, it didn't bode well for me. However I was just happy to have survived the race.

On the ride home we (my sister and I) stopped at Wendy's, where I caught up with some South Carolina peeps. We discussed the merits of Oreo vs. Smartie "Frosties", and got some grub.

Next weekend is Albion. Should be amazing.

To sign out, all I have to say is: Once bread becomes toast, it never goes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment